Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Playing Hooky

I peeled myself out of bed at 7am with some difficulty. I got myself ready to go to Calvary as previously discussed in the week. It was only when I was about ready to walk out the door that I realized it was raining and icky outside. This is significantly annoying because of the fact that my commute to Calvary involves a walk to the bus stop and then walking in the city to the train station (which takes about 1 ½ hours total). There was also the fact that I really wanted to spend time with the girls and be a part of decorating the church. So, I played hooky. I spent time at McDonalds in the morning while the girls studied, and then we got ready and headed to the church to decorate and have the rehearsal. This took a bit longer than expected, and then we headed to supper. Hayley and I shared a HUGE bbq chicken pizza and potato wedges, which are served with sour cream and sweet chili sauce. After dinner, the bridesmaids and I headed to back to Hayley, where Jess was meeting us. We had a glass of champagne and some lollies while the girls touched up their nails before getting ready to go to bed.





We may or may not have spent some time playing with our food, which in my case were gummy teeth.......... It was impressive that they made it to midnight, since they had to leave the house to get their hair done by 7:30am the next morning. I, on the other hand got to sleep in. Between today and the day before, I also had the fun of making sure to take out quite a bit of cash from the ATM because of the fact I realized that my debit card would be expiring on the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment