Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dancing Qeens!

On Thursday morning, I made my way to Meals on Wheels to help there for the day. They were sending out a mailing to volunteers and I spent the day stuffing envelopes. I went to eat with Linda and Vicki at a Hotel, and even put a dollar in a Pokey (slot machine). Not that this will surprise anyone, but I didn’t win anything. After finishing up the day, I headed back to meet Adele at the shops near home to look for wedding gifts for Jess and some food for supper. We went to Target and I found some BONDS underoos, which is a common brand here. They have thicker bands which can often be seen (kind of a trend). There was a pair in a tie-dye pattern which we decided were the obvious choice for me since I have worn a tie-dye shirt and been
promptly informed that this was not a popular fashion in Australia. We went to three different grocery stores looking for something called Dukkah, which turned out to be ground up nuts and seasonings which you dip bread with olive oil in. The staff at the first two stores didn’t have a clue what she was talking about. After we’d found this we took our purchases back home to make something to eat. We made a beef stir fry and ate by candle light. We decided to go out to a pub hoping to find a chill place to hang out. We gave Beth and one of her friends a lift into North Adelaide as they were headed out to celebrate her completion of a teaching degree. We went to a bar called the Cambridge, as it was the only bar that appeared to have ANYONE in it. There were a couple of people there teaching Cuban dancing in between other music. We played a game of pool, which was slightly different than at home. Rather than solids and stripes, there were yellow and red balls besides the que ball. We spent time dancing and doing a “photo shoot” on some of the couches. Around midnight, we decided to leave, somewhat disappointed because the DJ had not played the song I requested. We spent some time talking before we got ready and went to bed. We checked in with Hayley as well and I was invited to be a part of getting the church ready for the ceremony on the following day. I told them that I was planning to go to Calvary but might meet them when I got back to the city.





No comments:

Post a Comment