Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Here comes the bride.... round 1

I took my time getting up this morning and getting ready for the wedding. I was quite excited to wear my sweet blue dress and heels, which I’d taken for a test run to the pub on Thursday night. Surprisingly enough, they did quite well. I wore black tights, which are actually quite the fashion here. I caught a ride to the wedding with one of Jess’ friends, Elise. Pretty cool name if I do say so myself. After the wedding, we all crowded around outside and took turns pouring a cone of rose petals on the bride to wish them well. The wedding party then headed off in old fashioned cars to take photos around the city. Meanwhile, I spent the time with a couple new friends Ros and Lance. Ros and Lance are actually both from South Africa and after we got some coffee we went to Ros’ home and her parents and grandparents were there. We visited with them and it was neat to hear about another place. There were actually some real conversations about industries and legal situations. When it was near time for the reception, we headed into the city to the Rydges Hotel. The reception was held on the top floor with a lovely view of the skyline. I got to sit with Vicki and meet her hubby Andrew.











At the table, we had an arts and crafts session and made hair pieces with the hot pink rose petals and ribbon on the table. There was some drinking and some dancing. When it was time for the bride and groom to leave, we formed a line to wish them well and give hugs on their way out. Pauline, Roz, Lance and I got ready and headed out to go out in the city not too long after. We ended up at a place called the Elysium Lounge. The music was LOUD but good, and we danced the night away. Since Pauline and Lance are together, and Ros found herself a dance partner for the night, I felt a bit 3rd wheelish by the end of the night. I decided to catch myself a taxi home at around 4:15am. The taxi driver made me a bit mad when he took me for a little extra drive after passing where he should have turned to take me home. I guess it’s just something one has to expect as a tourist. By the end of it I was just glad to be home and ready to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment